Hormone balance is so important. Especially for women. I’ve been through my very own long journey with my hormones and I want to share with you what I have learnt so far.
I posted the above picture on Instagram about Soy/ Soya products which generated a lot of interest so I will start there.
Processed soy is a recipe for hormonal disaster! It totally messes with your estrogen balance, causing estrogen dominance.
Just some of the processed soya products I am talking about are :
- Soy milk, cheese, ice-cream, yoghurt
- Soy meats
- Soy proteins
Reasons to avoid soy :
- Soy contains goitrogens which is a substance that interferes with iodine metabolism and stops the thyroid from functioning properly.
- Soy is loaded with isoflavones, which are a type of phytoestrogen. Phytoestrogen’s are a plant compound resembling human estrogen. These compounds mimic and sometimes block the hormone estrogen.
*Drinking even two glasses of soy milk daily for one month provides enough of these compounds to alter your menstrual cycle.*
- Soy is a GMO crop, which means it is also heavily sprayed with pesticides.
Fermented soy is a lot better but only if organic and properly fermented!
- Soy sauce
Although again it depends on quality / from a trusted source. Please do your research.
Estrogen dominance can show up as symptoms such as :
- Breast Cancer
- Fertility problems
- Polycystic Ovary syndrome
- Irregular periods
- Mood Swings
Estrogen dominance wreaks havoc on our bodies. Plastic is also a culprit, by ingesting toxins from plastic’s, which means drinking out of plastic bottles, keeping your foods in plastic containers, especially fatty foods as these absorb the toxins more.
The birth control pill will also mess with your hormones and cause estrogen dominance. All of my hormone problems got so much worse when I went on the pill in my late teens, I went on it to try to help my acne. (little did I know back then)
It did so much more damage. I developed rosacea as well as endometriosis. All signs of way to much estrogen and an overtaxed liver, which is trying to deal with all of the extra estrogen.
However there are many ways of balancing the hormones, and cleansing the body is the best way!
- Liver flushing, cleansing the liver
- Liver support supplements – milk thistle, dandelion, burdock, artichoke, msm.
- Avoiding estrogenic foods, yes sugar, wheat and dairy are some of those foods
I will go into these all in detail in my next post. I hope this post helps you on your way to happy healthy hormones.
Want to know where to start?
- Digestion – nutrition,
- Liver function
- Stress management
- Cleansing the body
Love Sarah xx
(Your Soul Cheerleader)
“I’m here to cheer you on to never give up on your dreams, to always look for the magic and find & follow the high vibes in life”
Soulful Health Coach at Hooked on High Vibes. Helping you create true health & inner power. To live a transformational limitless life you love.
- One-on-one Nutrition & Lifestyle Coaching
- Healthy living and delicious recipes
- Detox Retreats,
- Vibrant living workshops
- Juice Cleansing
- Personalised programmes
- Living a transformational Life
- Experience magical self empowerment
Email me at : email@example.com