My liver cleanse went really well! In total it was 6 days.
The first two days were to prepare my body for the flush, lots of apples are ingested as the malic acid in them softens the stones that will be released from the liver. This is important for a successful cleanse.
Stones? What do you mean stones?
The stones that come out when you do the flush are said to be gallstones and stones from the biliary tubing, releasing these can dramatically improve digestion which is the basis of health. It is the job of the liver to make bile, the liver is full of tubes (biliary tubing) that deliver the bile to one large tube (the common bile duct). The gallbladder is attached to the common bile duct and acts as a storage reservoir. Eating fat or protein triggers the gallbladder to squeeze itself empty after about 20 minutes, and the stored bile finishes its trip down the common bile duct to the intestine.
- 2 pints of green juice – apple, kiwi, pear, celery, ginger, lemon and cucumber
- Ate 6 organic apples apples throughout the day
- Lots of filtered water
- Lots of herbal tea
- 2 x shots of apple cider vinegar
I had a warm essential oil bath followed by a castor oil pack. I went to a rose quartz crystal meditation class in the evening, and slept like a baby when I got home.
Woke up feeling good, a little hungry.
- Pint of filtered water with lemon
- 1.5 pints of green juice – apple, kiwi, celery, lemon, parsley, ginger and cucumber.
- Ate 8 organic apples throughout the day
- Lots of dandelion tea
- Lots of filtered water
- 2 x shots of apple cider vinegar
I did a castor oil pack in the morning, followed by a warm epsom salt bath. In the evening I did a coffee enema to get my colon cleansed and ready for the flush the next day. (You must do a colon cleanse before you do a liver flush) I dry skin brushed my whole body before I went to bed. I started to feel a little nauseous and could feel my liver and body releasing toxins, I drank lots of water to help flush them out.
How to do a coffee enema:
This enema is great for when you are feeling very overloaded with toxins or have a cleansing headache.
- 4 Tbs. organic, full strength coffee grounds
- 3 cups boiled water
- 1 cup cold water
- Boil up the water to a simmer.
- Add the coffee and simmer on low for 15 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes
- Then sieve so you are just left with the liquid.
- Pour 2-3 cups into a jar and top with cold filtered water until it is room temperature.
- Administer the coffee into your colon and hold for 15 minutes if possible.
- Please be sure to do a plain water enema to purge your colon before doing the coffee enema.
- You can warm the rest of the coffee mix up the next morning by adding 1 cup boiling water till it is room temperature again.
I woke up feeling much better and with quite a lot of energy and motivation for the day ahead. I did another coffee enema in the morning and a castor oil pack and epsom salt bath, whilst pampering my self with my favourite face mask .
This is the day I start the flush. To do the flush you need to adhere to some time frames and ingredients. This is the protocol I followed:
Liver Flush Protocol
This is a powerful detoxifying process that releases gallstones and other debris from the gall bladder and liver helping to restore proper functioning of these organs
Malic acid dissolve and soften gallstones. The magnesium in the Epsom salt relaxes the sphincter of the gallbladder and bile ducts, allowing for the easy passage of the softened, shrunken stones without dehydrating the body as regular salt flushes can. Finally, the olive oil causes a strong contraction of the gallbladder and liver, forcing out stored wastes, bile, and stones. These wastes and stones are then excreted.
- 4 tbsp epsom salts
- Olive Oil
- Filtered water
2pm – Start to fast, no more solid food , so no more apples in my case. You can still have green juice up until 1pm. Then just water onwards.
6pm – 1 tbsp of epsom salt sin 3/4 cup of water. Drink.
8pm – 1 tbsp of epsom salt sin 3/4 cup of water. Drink.
10pm – 8oz of olive oil with 8oz of freshly squeezed grapefruit juice mixed together well. Drink.
You can apply another caster oil pack before you drink the olive oil concotion. Which I did.
Lay down on your bed on your right side straight after the olive oil and citrus drink. Try to remain laying still for at least 20 minutes and even better go to sleep for the night. This is when your liver will get to work, its important to remain laying down if you can.
This is the day you will release the stones and another coffee enema is recommend later in the day.
Continue with juices and blended foods today and break the fast with organic fruit. Have a light salad later in the day. Avoid heavy dishes and nuts for at least a couple of days.
7am – 1 tbsp of epsom salt sin 3/4 cup of water. Drink.
9am – 1 tbsp of epsom salt sin 3/4 cup of water. Drink.
11am – Coffee Enema
2pm – I had some watermelon to break my fast
3pm – Green juice.
6pm – Steamed broccoli & cauliflower
I carried on eating light raw foods the following day, and introduce fats back in slowly. I did another coffee enema to make sure I had released all the stones and toxins. This is important as you don’t want to reabsorb the toxins your body has released from the liver and gallbladder.
- Lemon & apple cider vinegar tonic
- Green Juice
- An apple
- Coconut water & spirulina
- Soaked & cooked quinoa, avocado and red pepper salad
- Chia, goji & lucuma porridge
- Thai courgette noodles
I feel great, my body is craving lighter foods, my skin and eyes are clearer and brighter. I feel really revitalised.
I did experience detox symptoms on day 2, 3 and 4. However it passed quickly with lots of water and enema’s to help the toxins out quickly.
My body feels like it has had a great spring clean 🙂
Lots of Love & Wellness
- If you are interested in one-on-one Nutrition & Lifestyle Coaching, please click here.
- For more healthy living top tips and delicious recipes visit me on Facebook , follow me on twitter, subscribe to my YouTube channel and follow me on Pinterest.
- Or if you are interested in getting started on your own Health Goals and Weight loss journey with a one-on-one consultation contact me at email@example.com