I LOVE Cinnamon!
I mean who doesn’t?? 😉
I add it too a lot of my food all year round, but at Christmas time it extra special as it brings that festive cheer!
Why Cinnamon ?
- Its great at balancing blood sugar and helping with insulin resistance.
- It’s a warming spice, great to add to green juice or food on a chilly day.
- Cinnamon is an anti microbial food, with an ability to help stop the growth of bacteria such as fungi, like candida yeasts.
- Boost brain function, even just smelling the essential oil.
- Tastes amazing!
Here is a great snack with all the healthy benefits of cinnamon!
Cinnamon Spiced Granola:
- 1 cup of almonds
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup of flaked almonds (optional)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp of cinnamon
- dropperful of stevia or maple syrup,( I use stevia for low sugar content)
- 1/4 cup of desiccated coconut
Heat oil in a saucepan, add all the other ingredients and stir on a low heat until well combined and warm. Then leave to cool.
Store in a glass jar and there you have your healthy grain free granola.
You can eat it how it is, which is how I like it, or add a little almond milk and fruit for a yummy snack too.
- If you are interested in one-on-one Nutrition & Lifestyle Coaching, please click here.
- For more healthy living top tips and delicious recipes visit me on Facebook , follow me on twitter, subscribe to my YouTube channel and follow me on Pinterest.
- Or if you are interested in getting started on your own Health Goals and Weight loss journey with a one-on-one consultation contact me at www.hookedonhealth.co.uk