I have put together a collection of Hooked On Health recipes that I think you will love to try over Christmas!
- Mince Pies
- Cauliflower Mash
- Sweet Cinnamon Loaf
- Cinnamon Spiced Granola
- Chai Hot Chocolate
I can’t do Christmas with out Mince Pies and neither should you!
- 100g of raisins
- 100g of cranberries
- 100g of sultanas
- 1 apple
- 1 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 oranges
- tsp of vanilla bean paste/extract
Mince Pie Cups:
- 250g of almond flour
- 2 tbsp of coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- Juice the oranges and place in a saucepan.
- Chop the apple into little pieces and place in the saucepan with raisins, sultanas, cranberries, vanilla, 1/2 tsp of ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg. Simmer on a low heat for 15 minutes.
- Mix the almond flour with the coconut sugar, 1tsp of cinnamon, coconut oil and egg and combine until a dough forms.
- Turn oven on at 160C.
- Grease some cupcake tins with coconut oil ready to place the almond flour dough.
- Place a tbsp of dough into each cupcake mould and mould into a cup shape ready to place your mincemeat in the middle. Add 1 tbsp of mincemeat into each cup.
- With the left over dough, roll out and then cut out circles that are big enough to cover the top of the cups and place on top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25 -30 minutes.
- 1 whole head of cauliflower
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1⁄4 cup nutritional yeast
- pinch sea salt
- handful fresh parsley
- 2 tsp chives
- First steam up cauliflower. Once soft and slightly cooled place cauliflower in blender (food processor would work too). Blend a little.
- Then add in seasonings.
- If you do not have nutritional yeast – you can use cashews **you can put some butter or coconut oil in as well, maybe around 1 tbsp adjust flavor to taste.
- Keep blending till smooth!
- Then have fun scraping it out of the blender,
- Enjoy as side dish 🙂
Sweet Cinnamon Bread
- 2 & 1/4 cups of almond meal ( ground up almonds until fine flour)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp of Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of melted coconut oil
- 3 large organic eggs
- 3 tbsp of coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp unpasteurized apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 170C and grease a loaf pan with some coconut oil.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a glass mixing bowl and all wet in another bowl.
- Once both mixtures are well combined add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well to form a wet dough.
- Add to the greased loaf pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Store in an airtight tin for up to 4 days to keep fresh.. if it lasts that long
Cinnamon Hot Chocolate:
- 3 cups of Almond Milk
- 1-2 tbsp of Raw Cacao powder
- 1 medjool date
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp of melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp of coconut butter
- Heat the almond milk in a saucepan until desired temperature.
- Pour into a blender and add all other ingredients and blend together until smooth and frothy.
- Pour into mugs and serve with optional Cinnamon stick as a stirrer.
Cinnamon Spiced Granola
- 1 cup of almonds
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup of flaked almonds (optional)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp of cinnamon
- dropperful of stevia or maple syrup,( I use stevia for low sugar content)
- 1/4 cup of desiccated coconut
- Heat oil in a saucepan, add all the other ingredients and stir on a low heat until well combined and warm.
- Then leave to cool.
- Store in a glass jar and there you have your healthy grain free granola.
- You can eat it how it is, which is how I like it, or add a little almond milk and fruit for a yummy snack too.
Wishing you the healthiest, yummiest Christmas Ever!
Stay Vibrant this Christmas with my top tips 🙂
Lots of Love & Wellness
- If you are interested in one-on-one Nutrition & Lifestyle Coaching, please click here.
- For more healthy living top tips and delicious recipes visit me on Facebook , follow me on twitter, subscribe to my YouTube channel and follow me on Pinterest.
- Or if you are interested in getting started on your own Health Goals and Weight loss journey with a one-on-one consultation contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org