“Trees are the kindest things I know,
They do no harm, they simply grow…”
Okay yes I am a total hippy. I don’t deny it! and yes I am going to suggest to you that you start hugging tree’s!
It’s not crazy really, and here I will explain why, it makes perfect sense to me:
- They are strong and rooted, an energy that we need in our lives to feel balanced and healthy.
- They absorb your negative energy and turn it into positive energy.
- They will relieve your stress
- They give off oxygen.
- Tree’s grow over time slowly, standing for years if they are left alone to grow naturally, they are full of wisdom and knowledge from the everything that they see over the long years they stand.
The Science part :
In a book called Blinded by Science the author Matthew Silverstone, proves scientifically that tree’s improve many health issues. He reveals the scientific data showing trees improve issues such as mental illness, ADHD, depression, the ability to alleviate headaches, reaction time and concentration levels.
He lists countless studies of children who showed significant psychological and physiological improvements in their health and well-being when they interacted with plants and trees. Their cognitive and emotional abilities improved and they experienced more creative play in ‘green’ areas.
He explains that the reasons are simply that everything vibrates and different vibrations affect biological behaviors. When we touch a tree its different vibrational pattern will affect the various biological behaviors within the human body bringing it into a healing alignment.
How to connect with a tree:
I always feel at peace when I am immersed in nature, but even more so when I am in a wood surrounded by tree’s, I feel grounded and present and can feel the energy from the tree’s all around me. Next time you find yourself out for a walk, and feel drawn to hug a tree and try for yourself:
- Close your eyes,
- Take a deep breath and focus on the tree,
- Be aware of the energy coming from the tree, what does it feel like?
- Keep hugging the tree and you will feel re-charged and renewed!
- Tree’s are very healing 🙂
- ( You can always do it when no ones around if you feel self-conscious, I always find it better when I am in a quiet space by myself )
- You may feel weird at first, but don’t worry, after a while you will be a proud tree hugger!
Your natural Instinct’s:
Remember when you were a child and you climbed tree’s.. ( maybe you still do like me ? ) we were instinctively drawn to connecting with the tree at a young age when our gut instincts were strong, we knew we felt good climbing and being in contact with tree’s .
So off you go fellow tree hugger ! Go and make friends with the tree’s again, they are ready and waiting to share with you some healing positive vibrations.
- If you are interested in one-on-one Nutrition & Lifestyle Coaching, please click here.
- For more healthy living top tips and delicious recipes visit me on Facebook , follow me on twitter, subscribe to my YouTube channel and follow me on Pinterest.
- Or if you are interested in getting started on your own Health Goals and Weight loss journey with a one-on-one consultation contact me at www.hookedonhealth.co.uk