Stressed ? Tired ? Exhausted ? Anxious?
You may be on the way to or experiencing Adrenal Fatigue..
Here are some more symptoms:
- Excessive sweating or perspiration from little activity
- Lower back pain and/or knee weakness or pain, especially on the side
- Dark circles under the eyes
- Low blood sugar
- Heart palpitations
- Sensitivity to light, or difficulty seeing at night
- Cravings for salt
- Easily irritated
- Chronic infections (bacterial, viral, fungal, yeast)
- Low blood pressure
- Tired but wired feeling, poor sleep, difficulty getting out of bed in the morning
- Cravings for sweets and carbs, intolerance to alcohol
- Dry, unhealthy skin with excess pigmentation
- Lack of libido
- Tendency to startle easily
- Poor concentration and fuzzy thinking
These can all be sign of adrenal fatigue.
The world we live in & Life is busy , I know. The “typical” fast paced lifestyle most of us have is unfortunately causing lots of adrenal exhaustion.
A reason why many people are feeling tired, exhausted even, and just can’t seem to get their energy back which will affect overall health too.
These little glands are so important, they help us deal with stress, producing hormones, assist with blood pressure and blood sugar and most of all provide us with energy we need.
We all want more energy, balanced stable energy, to be able to do all the things we want to do, like : workout, achieve our goals and dreams. Energy is needed to live the lives we want.
The adrenals are like our own battery pack, and you need to take care of them to keep them fully charged and not depleted.
How can I do that?
Here are some great ways to start rebuilding your adrenals:
Cut out Stimulants:
- Processed sugar
- Chocolate – can be over stimulating for some (even the healthy kind, the cacao itself contains caffiene, which for very sensitive types, and vata constitutions can be overstimulating.)
- Try Yoga
- Grounding (Putting your bare-feet on the earth each day, boost’s immunity and balances the stress hormone cortisol.
- Sleep & Rest – Listen to your body. Good quality sleep, aim for 10pm.
- Eat good quality fats : Fish, Avocado, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Nuts & Seeds
- Quality Salt – Pink Himalayan or Sea Salt.
- Protein – Grass fed meats, Free range eggs,
- Lots of Veggies – especially greens
Supplements & Herbs for the Adrenals:
- B vitamins
- Vitamin C – food source of vitamin C like Acerola cherries & Camu Camu,
People with very weakened adrenals should be careful not to undertake a cleanse which involves fasting, cleansing is very beneficial, but to someone with very weak adrenals this can cause even more problems on an already weakened state.
Focus on rebuilding & nourishing the body with whole foods, eating 3 good-sized meals a day, to build your energy.
The adrenals can take a while to fully recharge, but while implementing the above information you will feel your energy increase and much improved health.
Once your adrenals are working again and happy you will notice a big difference in energy, mood, emotions and the joy of having consistent balanced energy!
- If you are interested in one-on-one Nutrition & Lifestyle Coaching, please click here.
- For more healthy living top tips and delicious recipes visit me on Facebook , follow me on twitter, subscribe to my YouTube channel and follow me on Pinterest.
- Or if you are interested in getting started on your own Health Goals and Weight loss journey with a one-on-one consultation contact me at www.hookedonhealth.co.uk