This has to be my most simplest healthy snack/dessert recipe. Perfect for a post work out treat too!
The 3 main ingredients are all incredibly good for you :
Coconut oil – a very health saturated fat, contains medium-chain fatty acids accelerate that stimulates metabolism, gives you more energy. Coconut oil has a good quantity of caprylic acid in it which is well-known to kill off excess candida by targeting harmful bacteria. It is rich in lauric acid which protects your heart by reducing total cholesterol and increasing good cholesterol.
Pumpkin Seeds – High in Zinc, lots of minerals including phosphorus, magnesium, manganese, iron and copper
Goji Berries – High in Vitamins A,C, B & E, a very powerful antioxidant due to the highest beta carotene content.
I sometimes add a little Stevia for extra sweetness, but you don’t need to as the berries are sweet enough.
I also added goji berry extract to this recipe, but again you don’t need to, this just gives an even bigger boost of nutrients!
So here is the quick easy peasy recipe:
- 1 cup of pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup of goji berries
- 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil
- dropperful of stevia
- 1/2 tsp goji berry extract
Blend the pumpkin seeds into a fine flour, add in the goji berries and blend again. Add in melted coconut oil and blend again, adding in optional extras stevia and goji berry extract.
Roll into balls and place in the fridge or freezer for 30 minutes until firm.
- If you are interested in one-on-one Nutrition & Lifestyle Coaching, please click here.
- For more healthy living top tips and delicious recipes visit me on Facebook , follow me on twitter, subscribe to my YouTube channel and follow me on Pinterest.
- Or if you are interested in getting started on your own Health Goals and Weight loss journey with a one-on-one consultation contact me at www.hookedonhealth.co.uk