This dessert is perfect for the warmer weather, its refreshing, fruity and lighter than most nut based treats!
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Cacao Free
I came up with this recipe whilst trying to create something different to the usual chocolate based healthy dessert for a dinner party.
It was a guesstimate recipe but I was really pleased with how it turned out 🙂
To be honest anything lemony is good with me, I also came up with a delicious Lemon Pudding with avocado, but that’s for another post..
This recipe makes x 4 tarts.
- 1 1/2 cups of macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup of medjool dates
- pinch of sea salt
Blend ingredients until a dough is formed, press into the coconut oil greased tart tins.
- 2 cups of cashews
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil
- pinch of vanilla
Blend all ingredients together until a smooth cream. Pour into the tart tins onto of the base, Place in the freezer for 30 mins to firm.
- 2 cups of strawberries, chopped
- 3/4 cup of medjool dates.
Blend into a strawberry jam, pour onto of the cream filling and place in the freezer to set. Takes about an hour.
These are delicious when totally defrosted or still slightly frozen, I like how when they are frozen you can eat them by hand! Like a ice-cream biscuit!
- If you are interested in one-on-one Nutrition & Lifestyle Coaching, please click here.
- For more healthy living top tips and delicious recipes visit me on Facebook , follow me on twitter, subscribe to my YouTube channel and follow me on Pinterest.
- Or if you are interested in getting started on your own Health Goals and Weight loss journey with a one-on-one consultation contact me at www.hookedonhealth.co.uk