Fat is not to be feared, I used to be very wary of fat’s but not anymore!
I focus on eating my essential fats daily, and have realised how important they are for health, and the way they makes me feel.
Fat is so essential for good health.
- blood sugar levels
Especially us ladies! We need our fats!
Good fats are essential for
- healthy hormone production,
- regular menstruation
Although not all fat is created equal, that’s for sure, I’m talking about Essential Fat’s, Our Omega’s, 3, 6 and 9.
Omega 3’s are particularly important, as we don’t usually get the right balance with modern foods, and our ratio in is much higher in Omega’s 6’s to Omega 3’s which in excess can cause inflammation and imbalance hormone levels.
I know for myself if I over indulge in nuts, especially my beloved cashews, I can break out due to over consumption of omega 6.
Here is a list of my favourite fats for great health:
- Hemp Seeds
- Chia Seeds
- Coconut Oil
- Coconut flesh
- Wild Fresh Fatty Fish – Salmon, Sardines,mackerel.
- Eggs (don’t throw away the best bit, the yolk!! )
I love this oil too, I have a tbsp a day in a smoothie or on a salad. YUM!
Try and eat more of these foods and see how they help your skin, hormones and blood sugar, which will help with cravings, snack attacks and your overall mood.
Here are some recipes which include beautifying fats:
- If you are interested in one-on-one Nutrition & Lifestyle Coaching, please click here.
- For more healthy living top tips and delicious recipes visit me on Facebook , follow me on twitter, subscribe to my YouTube channel and follow me on Pinterest.
- Or if you are interested in getting started on your own Health Goals and Weight loss journey with a one-on-one consultation contact me at www.hookedonhealth.co.uk