This soup was delicious! I have to share:
Creamy Coconut Lentil Soup:
- 1 sweet potato cut into small chunks
- 1 carrot cut into small chunks
- 2 parsnips cut into small chunks
- 1 onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 cup of Red lentils – soaked
- 1/2 a Celeriac cut into small chunks
- 100g creamed coconut .
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 inch of ginger finely chopped and peeled
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
Cook the Lentils in a separate pan, add water just to cover. Cook for 15-20 minutes. Add the creamed coconut once cooked and stir until melted and mixed well.
Mean while add Onions and garlic to a pan of preheated coconut oil, stir for 2 – 3 minutes until onions are soft. Add in the spices and the all of the vegetables, cover with filtered water just so the vegetables are covered.
Simmer for 30 minutes until veg is soft.
Transfer to a blender and the lentil mixture too. Blend until smooth, add salt and pepper to your taste and blend again.
This soup is a beautiful warming yellow and the spices are warming too, so this is perfect for a chilly day.. or if you are feeling a little under the weather
Love Sarah xx
- If you are interested in one-on-one Nutrition & Lifestyle Coaching, please click here.
- For more healthy living top tips and delicious recipes visit me on Facebook , follow me on twitter, subscribe to my YouTube channel and follow me on Pinterest.
- Or if you are interested in getting started on your own Health Goals and Weight loss journey with a one-on-one consultation contact me at juice firstname.lastname@example.org