I like to do a Juice Cleanse with the change of the season.. so every 3 months or so.
I’m on day 3 and it’s been a very enjoyable cleanse, I’ve done a number of juice cleanse’s over the last 4 yrs.. and as your body becomes cleaner and your intake of nutrients/Minerals is higher the body actually requires less food, and I have experienced this myself.
I did a 30 day juice cleanse in 2010, this one was my longest and the other cleanses have ranged from 1 day – 10 days.,
I used to give myself a set number of days that I would do the cleanse for ,but as I’ve gone on I find it’s better for me to now just listen to my body as i go along.. so I’m on day 3 and i will see how i feel tomorrow and carry on with the cleanse or reintroduce some smoothies/soups back in. It’s very important to break a cleanse/fast the right way with light food, otherwise it can be a shock to the digestion and undo some of the good you did whilst cleansing.
My first day juice cleansing :
- 1 pint of hot lemon water
- 1/2 litre of beetroot, celery and carrot.
- 1 litre of beetroot, carrot, celery and mint.
- 1 litre of tomato, garlic, red pepper, celery, kale and cayenne pepper.
I also consumed a 3-4 cups of herbal tea to keep warm.
Felt quite tired.. and had a headache in the evening and a few hunger pains, cravings for food, but only lasted one day.
Day 2 :
I had 3-4 cups of herbal tea throughout the day
Didn’t feel hungry at all today, my lemon water kept me going until 3pm, where I had my first juice of the day, and then my second around 6pm. experienced lots of mental clarity, and energy all day.
- 1 litre of lemon and ginger tea.
- 1 litre of apple, cucumber, parsley and celery.
- 1 litre of Beetroot Gazpacho
- 2 – 3 cups of herbal tea, my body temperature was stable and i didn’t experience the usual juice cleansing chills..
Feeling very positive, happy, grateful, productive, calm, and much lighter in mind and body. Have had no detox symptoms since the headache on day 1, and feeling really good.
I make sure i do the following daily to assist the toxins out and to have a more pleasurable cleanse:
- dry body brush
- take zeolites (touchstone) hands down my favourite
- Milk thistle capsules at night
- Hot bath each night to induce sweating and assisting toxins out through the pores
- Enema’s, (I did 1 on day 3) I do these more often if i am experiencing more detox symptoms
- Yoga and meditation to keep the lymph moving and circulation to keep warm
I think this has been the easiest cleanse so far.. and I have no idea at the moment how long I will cleanse for.. I will see tomorrow how I feel intuitively.
I’ll keep you updated on my results and experience over the next few days.
Have a Juicy day !!
Love Sarah xx
Health Coach at Hooked on Health
Working with Women to reach their ideal weight, awaken their passion and spark for life.
- Or if you are interested in getting started on your own Health Goals and Weight loss journey with a one-on-one consultation contact me at juice email@example.com