These are my new favourite sweet treat/snack! I’ve been playing around with Coconut and Cacao butter for a while now, and these are definitely my favourite creation so far , better than that they are sugar free, and totally healthy, I can’t get enough 😉
They require no oven, just a blender and a freezer/fridge, sooooo easy to make and kids will love making these with you!
All you need is :
- 2 cups of coconut flakes
- 1 cup of melted cacao butter
- 2-3 dropperfuls of stevia (nu naturals is my favourite) you can use a healthy sweetener of choice, raw honey, coconut palm sugar etc..
- 3 tbsp of Coconut Oil or Coconut Manna (I used Manna for a creamier consistency than the oil)
- 1 tsp of Ashwagandha ( optional, but so beneficial)
Pour the melted cacao butter into a blender/food processor. Add in the Coconut flakes, the stevia and the Coconut Manna. Mix until well combined.
Press into a square tupper wear box or anything rectangle of square-shaped. I used 2 tupper ware tubs approx 5 by 4 inches.
Put into the freezer for 30 mins or the fridge for an hour or more until the mixture has set. Then cut into squares and serve.
These will keep in the fridge for 3-4 days… if they last that long 😉
All you’d need to do to turn these into health bounty bars is cover in raw chocolate and set again in the fridge! Yes I will be trying this out very soon, so watch this space.
The reason these treats are so good is not just that they are super duper natural and good for you but also from the benefits you get from the addition of Ashwagandha! This is an Ayurvedic herb, an adaptogen and it is safe for children too. One of my favourite herbs, I feel it would benefit every one, and who doesn’t need a help with stress levels these days…
Ashwagandha is great for the immune system, the reason it is an adaptogen is if the body needs strengthening , it will provide the body with more energy, but if the body needs calming, if the nervous system is suffering this herb can calm you and helps the body handle stress much more efficiently.
I love this herb and always notice a difference when I take it, I feel more energetic but at the same time a sense of peace and calm like after meditation.
- If you are interested in one-on-one Nutrition & Lifestyle Coaching, please click here.
- For more healthy living top tips and delicious recipes visit me on Facebook , follow me on twitter, subscribe to my YouTube channel and follow me on Pinterest.
- Or if you are interested in getting started on your own Health Goals and Weight loss journey with a one-on-one consultation contact me at juice firstname.lastname@example.org