Okay so these ingredients may sound a little scary to you.. but I promise they are not only beneficial to the liver and giving it a little flush, cleanse and gentle detox, they also taste surprisingly tasty mixed together!!
Don’t just take my word for it. give it a go 😉
So what you’ll need :
- 1/3 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2-3 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 cups of freshly pressed apple juice
- 1 large clove of garlic
- 1 large knob of ginger
Blend all the ingredients in a blender till smooth and frothy, and Bottoms up! I like to drink mine through a straw.
The liver needs some extra love time to time, and I like to give mine a helping hand when ever I can. I mean it’s such a busy bee, the Liver is our superhero it deserves some help!
Cleansing your liver can help with skin and digestive problems and boost your energy too.
It’s the largest organ inside the body, and is busy performing over 400 functions a day to help keep our bodies healthy, located on your right side, to the right of the stomach, behind the lower ribs and below the lungs. You may want to give your liver a loving rub to thank it for looking after you so well 🙂
The livers major jobs include:
- Breaking down everything we eat and drink into different chemicals before it can get to work on helping your body – (converting food into nutrients the body can use (for example, the liver produces bile to help break down fats)
- Makes protein and stores glucose, vitamin B12 and iron, helps get nutrients to your body by processing all foods,carbohydrates, protein and fat,into glucose that can be used throughout your body. (storing fats, sugars, iron, and vitamins for later use by the body)
- Detoxing the body, helping our bodes filter the toxins we take in from food, water and air – (removing or chemically changing drugs, alcohol, and other substances that may be harmful or toxic to the body)
Milk Thistle is a great herb for helping the Liver, and also Tumeric. I try to add Tumeric to most of my food when I’m doing a liver cleanse and take Milk Thistle twice a day.
One of my favourite ways of getting Tumeric into my diet is in my Lemon Tea!
Other things you can do to hold your livers hand, is avoiding or cutting down on:
Milk thistle: Contains an antioxidant that acts as a toxin blocker. Capsules can be taken daily for an extended period to repair the liver.
- Red meat
- Fried Foods
- Processed Foods
Black walnuts: Help to eliminate toxins. Finney says it can be taken in powder or capsule form, for 30 days, after which you should give it a rest.
Lemons: Cleanse not only the liver, but also the gallbladder, kidneys, digestive tract and lungs.
Garlic: Helps strengthen and cleanse the blood, while giving the liver and kidneys a spring clean.
Dandelion tea: Dandelion has been used for centuries. It is a blood purifier and antioxidant and is recommended for those with liver complaints.
Beetroot juice: Contains a chemical called betaine that stimulates the liver cells and protects the liver and bile ducts.
Carrots: High in beta-carotene, they help regulate blood sugar levels, while reducing inflammation in the body and a good energy food.
Get plenty of sleep: Also have infrared saunas, indulge in lymphatic massages and drink lots of filtered water.
Oops nearly forgot to mention, I suggest chewing on a some parsley and giving your teeth a good brush after this drink as the garlic aftermath is quite strong and certainly will keep those vampires away !! But I assure you well worth it 😉
- Or if you are interested in getting started on your own Health Goals and Weight loss journey with a one-on-one consultation contact me at juice email@example.com