I felt like a change, so decided to dye my hair!
I have been using Henna for a few years now, and experimented with red’s, browns, anything to compliment and condition my normal hair colour.
Here’s my results!
I love Henna because it is natural, it has no nasty chemicals that commercial hair dyes use, nasty,nasty stuff!
I don’t have control on all the toxins my body takes in, but the one’s I do have control over like this, I make sure that I use a safe product that is safe for my body and my health and wellbeing!
The research conducted on the affects of chemicals in hair dye on humans has revealed some shocking results. There are several scientists and many holistic and natural health care professionals who will attest to the fact they believe the chemicals in hair dye could be the cause of skin allergies, cancer, and possibly other terminal diseases.
The darker colors of hair dye are especially suspect because they contain a much higher concentration of the chemicals required to achieve a darker hair color.
Studies indicate that the chemicals in hair dye could be associated with diseases such as breast cancer, non-Hodgkins lymphoma, Hodgkins disease, multiple myeloma, and leukemia.
A List of Dangerous Chemicals in Hair Dye
If these ingredients are on the box of your hair dye, you are literally putting these chemicals directly into your scalp and blood stream.
- p-Phenylenediamine (PPD) – the most dangerous of all the chemicals. If you rubbed this into your eyes directly, it could cause permanent blindness.
- 2-nitro-p-phenylenediamine (another form of PPD)
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Ammonia – used in cleaning products (recommended that you use gloves and protect your eyes when using!)
- Soap and detergents – these are for cleaning, not soaking into the skin
- 4MMPD or 4-methoxy-m-phenylenediamine
- 4NNOD sulfate or 4-methoxy-m-phenylenediamine sulfate
- Formaldehyde (cancer causing carcinogenic)
- Cocamide DEA – substance that could contain cancer-causing nitrosamines
- Lead acetate – primarily found in hair dyes that say “remove or cover the tray”
Safer Alternatives to Avoid Chemicals in Hair Dye
Instead of commercial hair dyes, opt for vegetable based hair colors, hair color that doesn’t contain PPD, or henna hair coloring. These are much safer options and will deliver beautiful natural color to your hair without the short-term or long-term harmful side effects
Research has shown that henna and the vegetable based dyes used to colour hair do not have any negative side affects and have rarely (if ever) caused allergic reactions.
- If you are interested in one-on-one Nutrition & Lifestyle Coaching, please click here.
- For more healthy living top tips and delicious recipes visit me on Facebook , follow me on twitter, subscribe to my YouTube channel and follow me on Pinterest.
- Or if you are interested in getting started on your own Health Goals and Weight loss journey with a one-on-one consultation contact me at juice firstname.lastname@example.org