Happy Spring to you all!!
Are you feeling lighter and Brighter and ready for a spring clean?!! I know I am! I also find Spring time makes me want to throw everything out of the house, I start to notice the clutter around me and I want my surrounding space to be light, airy and spacious, reflecting the change in energy with the seasons.
Sooo as I previously blogged about, I was doing a low sugar cleanse for March and it was going really well! I was following the Body Ecology and feeling good, a few detox symptoms here and there, .. and then.. the sun comes out here in the UK and all I want to drink and eat is fruit smoothies! Fruit. Fruit. Fruit. 😀
I’d managed a whole month with out fruit and here I am a week later and I can’t get enough of the fruity good stuff! ahhh.
So yes my low GI sugar cleanse has been halted for a week, but I’ve planned to get back on it in the next few days.. and whilst I was feeling a bit annoyed (okay a lot annoyed) at myself for falling off of the cleanse, I finally got it into perspective and I’ve only been eating fruit, it’s not like I’ve scoffed sweets, chocolate and cakes for the last week. Jeeze Sarah, stop being so hard on yourself 😉
To Celebrate the world of fruit smoothies and shakes I am going to share one of my favourite recipes full of great things.
The Banana Jar Shake !!
Okay so the Jar bit is new, I just found one in the cupboard and thought I bet my smoothie would taste even better out of that Jar.. 🙂 Plus drinking out of glass is much better for our health than nasty plastic’s that get absorbed and wreak havoc with our hormones and Endocrine system. Yuk.
Here’s the recipe:
- 2 Banana’s
- 2 tbsp Hemp Seeds
- 1 tbsp Carob powder or cacao powder, or a mixture..
- 1 tbsp soaked Chia Seeds
- 2 Cups of filtered water
Blend altogether until smooth, and enjoy this yummy banana shake. In a Jar if you have one.. or whatever you have to hand .. 🙂
As I said I’m feeling ready for a spring clean, and as the season’s change so does your body’s natural food choices, I want lighter, brighter foods! I’ve decided to take part in the Cleanse America 10 day cleanse starting on the 9th April. I’ll be doing Level 2 of liquids only!
There are 2 types of cleanse, Level 1 or 2.
- 100% Raw foods, such as Smoothies, Chia pudding, Fruit , Salad, Avocado Salad, (Raw foods that are simple, clean, and you get to chew)
- Liquids only. Juice, Soups, Smoothies, Nut Mylks, etc..
It’s only $25, so worth it. You get ton’s of information and free recipes, and a great support team too from the Wellness Warriors., I can’t even decide which one I love more, they are all so inspiring!
My Banana Jar Shake will be perfect on this cleanse!
Anyone else wanting to do the Cleanse America too, let me know and we can support each other 🙂
Have a great day lovelies!! ❤
- If you are interested in one-on-one Nutrition & Lifestyle Coaching, please click here.
- For more healthy living top tips and delicious recipes visit me on Facebook , follow me on twitter, subscribe to my YouTube channel and follow me on Pinterest.
- Or if you are interested in getting started on your own Health Goals and Weight loss journey with a one-on-one consultation contact me at juice email@example.com