I have to share this amazing recipe I made, I have been following a low sugar diet for the last couple of days, along the lines of the Body Ecology Diet. Which I highly recommend reading! I think some detox’s miss out the most important part of detoxing and that is your gut, the balance of good and bad bacteria, your digestion, and making sure your colon health is strong enough to deal with a release of toxins!
I have been feeling a little tired lately, experienced headaches, felt bloated and in general my immune system needs a boost. Plus it’s nearly spring and a seasonal cleanse is great, and naturally what the body ask’s for. So I’ve felt a bit out of whack, this could have been brought on by a number of reasons, stress being a biggy! I also know that I have been a bit lazy, not taking care of myself and not doing all the things that I know keeps me balanced and feeling great.
I am Guilty of, (actually not guilty this in it self is a bad emotion to have and we all want to say goodbye to guilt, it doesn’t serve us,) just except your actions and move on, don’t beat yourself up!! Yes Sarah take note! Which is easier said then done, and it’s something I am focusing on for my self-development.
Things I have done lately that haven’t benefited my health:
- Eaten lots of fruit (sugar)and nut together, not soaked my nuts and overloaded my poor digestive system with food’s not combined properly. For me Food combining is a must for my digestion to feel happy.
- Stopped doing my daily yoga & meditation, hence an unbalanced mind makes unbalanced food choices.
- Not had my daily green salad 😦 my energy levels definitely felt this one! I’m sorry my beloved rocket, my love for you is back on!
- Not enough Green juice! I’ve been having it here and there, and when I have not my usual pint! Pint of green juice is a MUST for my physical and emotional health, Yes greens make you happier. Try it and see.
- Fresh air, when I was taking daily breaks and going for a walk outside in the fresh air, connecting with nature, my wellbeing was top-notch, without it I feel SAD, and the cobweb’s need blowing away.
- Gratitude, my daily gratitude lists, Life makes more sense when you have an attitude of gratitude, I will be making time each morning to write a list of everything I am grateful for, and to feel the sense of how lucky I am. This one simple exercise each day can make dramatic changes to your life, the more you appreciate what you have, the more of what you want turns up, your goals, dreams!
We all know whats best for us, sometimes we just need a little reminder to what is important, and I am always grateful for the clarity that falling off the wagon brings me, my mind/emotions has a big impact on my food choices. So I will focus on my relationship with my yoga mat, my meditation, and I believe the rest will follow, easily and without too much effort, just naturally!
So where was I, oh yes my no sugar, food combining, easily, cultured veggies, high greens “diet” (i hate that word) let’s use cleanse instead! Well yes I’m following this way of eating for a while and i’ll be posting more on it, keeping you updated of how it’s going for me.
Okay, I was about to share my yummy Chickpea Burger Recipe with you. So scrummy and easy! Plus chickpeas are a great source of iron 🙂 combined with the rest of the ingredients make these high in Vit B (great for stress) and the sunflower seeds are a great EFA!
cooked and drained chickpeas – 410g, red kidney beans – 410g, 1 carrot, 1 small onion, 50g sunflower seeds, 2tbsp of Tahini, 1 garlic clove, 1 handful of fresh coriander and 1 tbsp of wheat & yeast free vegetable bouillon powder.
Place all of the ingredients into a food processor, blend until the mixture is nearly smooth but still has lumps 🙂 make the mixture into small balls, and place into a oven @ 220c for 20 minutes.
You can serve these with a lovely raw green salad, like rocket, watercress, spinach, topped with a homemade dressing of apple cider vinegar, hemp seed oil, lemon juice and salt ( soooo good! ) The raw enzymes in the salad will help you digest your meal efficiently.
What cleanse are you thinking of doing for Spring?
- If you are interested in one-on-one Nutrition & Lifestyle Coaching, please click here.
- For more healthy living top tips and delicious recipes visit me on Facebook , follow me on twitter, subscribe to my YouTube channel and follow me on Pinterest.
- Or if you are interested in getting started on your own Health Goals and Weight loss journey with a one-on-one consultation contact me at juice firstname.lastname@example.org