Vegan Cupcakes topped with Raw vegan Frosting.
I haven’t baked cakes in a while, a long while since I eat mostly a high raw vegan diet & make Raw vegan treats as part of my job.
Lately though I just can’t stop myself, I have a new fascination with vegan baked treats!
I’m not sure if it’s because it’s colder outside now and I want something comforting… but I think it’s more about my new love of the cupcake!
See I don’t like the usual, commercial cupcake, with Milk, Eggs,flour, processed sugar etc… those Cupcakes make me feel icky 😦
However now I can make vegan cupcakes from Gluten Free flour, Agave Syrup, xylitol & Almond Milk
I’ve just received Alicia Silverstone’s The Kind Diet and I played around with one of her recipes for cupcakes, adjusting some of the ingredients so to keep my body happy, as I don’t like Wheat Flour.
Here’s the Vegan cupcakes I made with a Raw Chocolate vegan Frosting.
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup agave syrup
- 1 cup of rice flour
- 1/3 cup of buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup of cashews
- 2 tablespoons of cacao powder
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- pinch sea salt
- 1/3 cup agave syrup
Blend all ingredients together until smooth. Then spoon into cupcakes for a Yummy Raw Frosting.
Here’s my little naked cupcake out of its little red jacket :
It was squishy and soft, and the topping went really well with the flavour of the cupcake. It got a thumbs up from my girlfriend, we enjoyed them with a mug of Liver Detox tea & Rooibos!
- If you are interested in one-on-one Nutrition & Lifestyle Coaching, please click here.
- For more healthy living top tips and delicious recipes visit me on Facebook , follow me on twitter, subscribe to my YouTube channel and follow me on Pinterest.
- Or if you are interested in getting started on your own Health Goals and Weight loss journey with a one-on-one consultation contact me at juice firstname.lastname@example.org