These Brownies are brilliant for children! No additives or E numbers so they won’t be bouncing off the walls afterwards. Only healthy whole Ingredients used.
They are quite easy to make and fun for kids to make with you as you can cut them into any shapes you want with a cookie cutter.
Recipe: (makes approx 4-6 , depending on size)
- 1/2 cup Almonds
- 2 tbsp Raw Cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp of Coconut Oil liquid (melt over warm water)
- 1 cup of dried Cherries or Raisins ( non-sulphured)
- 1/3 cup Medjool Dates
Combine the almonds,cacao beans and salt in the food processor, and process into small pieces.
Add the coconut oil and process to mix well. Then add the cherries/raisins and dates and process again making a dough.
Use a heart shape cookie cutter or any other shape you choose. Place onto non stick paper and make your cookies 🙂 Chill them in the fridge for 30 minutes.
I then top them with chocolate. Here’s the Recipe for the Chocolate sauce.
- 1 cup of Cacao butter (grated & melted over hot water)
- 1/2 cup of Cacao powder
- 2 tbsp of Agave syrup
Stir all ingredients together to make a smooth chocolate sauce.
Then spoon the chocolate sauce onto one side of the cookies, put back in the fridge to set for another 15 minutes, then turn cookies over and spoon chocolate over the other side and return to fridge to set.
Once completely set you will have a chewy cherry chocolate brownie with a outer crunchy chocolate coating! YUM.
- If you are interested in one-on-one Nutrition & Lifestyle Coaching, please click here.
- For more healthy living top tips and delicious recipes visit me on Facebook , follow me on twitter, subscribe to my YouTube channel and follow me on Pinterest.
- Or if you are interested in getting started on your own Health Goals and Weight loss journey with a one-on-one consultation contact me at juice email@example.com