I remember looking in the mirror about 4 -5 yrs ago and catching a glimpse of my thighs, and thinking What Is that?! … Cellulite ..??!! I was shocked as I thought I was far too young to get it. At the time I was slightly overweight my diet was a whole food diet with occasional binges on sugar every now and then and I realised I wasn’t as clean as I thought. This was before My High raw diet and Juicing cleanses.
Thankfully now there is no trace of the lumpy bumpy stuff anywhere on my body, and I have my clean cells to thank for that 🙂
Cellulite is the term given to fat deposits just below the skin.
There are a lot of reasons why cellulite is said to appear on your body, including hormonal reasons, poor diet and lifestyle choices, age and genetic predisposition. While each of these factors can play a role in Cellulite formation, there is one common denominator to all of these factors – the accumulation of Toxins!
Your body stores toxins in your fat to help minimise how much toxicity your vital organs are exposed to. The dimples and pockets of your cellulite are also storing toxins so the more toxic you are the more likely you are to have cellulite. So the key is to remove the toxins.
These are my top tips for getting rid of Cellulite.
- Start drinking a green juice a day. – Consuming alkaline forming foods and drinks will draw the toxins from your body where they have accumulated in your cells, tissues and organs. While all fruit and Vegetables are in this category, it’s fresh, mostly green, vegetable juices that will flood your body with pure alkalinity in its most absorbable liquid form to really kick-start the cleansing process.The alkalinity of these life force vegetable juices magnetize the acidic waste in your cells, drawing it out so it can be removed from your body.
- Avoid processed foods and dehydrating foods – Processed foods are toxic, it’s as simple as that, so you need to avoid or stop eating these altogether to release those toxins. Surprisingly even raw dehydrated foods (if overeaten) will be making it very hard for your body to cleanse. While these foods are raw and made from great ingredients, the dehydrating process removes all the water from them making them harder to digest than fresh raw foods. These dehydrated foods are still okay to enjoy but just make sure you always have fresh, alkaline vegetables with them to help move them through the body.
- Hydrate! – You need to drink lots of pure clean water from fresh fruits and vegetables to keep your body supple and hydrated and to flush toxins out through your body. Drink at least one pint of water every day as the first thing you consume. Add some lemon or lime juice if you don’t like the taste if just water. Herbal teas are great, avoid coffee and tea as these will dehydrate you further and add to the cause of cellulite.
- Skin Brushing – Stimulating the lymphatic system (which sits just underneath the surface of the skin) through dry bristle skin brushing helps toxins to be circulated into the elimination channels for release. Skin brushing can specifically target areas of cellulite. Using a skin brush in small circular movements over your thighs, butt and other areas for a few minutes every day will help break down the fatty deposits.
- Good Salt – Don’t use refined table salt! It’s extremely acidic and leaches minerals from your body. It is also very dehydrating and will add to the accumulation of toxicity in your body. However Sea salt ( I recommend Himalayan sea salt ) is alkaline and packed full of beneficial minerals. It also has a fuller flavour. Check labels of packaged foods as a lot of foods have added salt.
- Sweating & Exercise – When you do sweaty exercise you are expelling toxins through your skin, As well as releasing Stress and Endorphins. Sweating and Moving will also help to improve the overall appearance of your body, tightening, toning, lengthening so that the overall appearance will be more flattering. Saunas are great too, as they encourage the body to sweat releasing more toxins through the skin.
- Detoxing Deep – The alkalinity of the clean, fresh foods and drinks you are consuming attract out old acidic waste from deep within your body, your bowel and other elimination channels will be trying to get rid of these toxins. This toxic waste must be removed from your body through the elimination channels before your cellulite and overall health can improve. There is no point drawing the toxicity out of your cells only to have your elimination channels fail to remove it. The waste would just resettle in your body leaving you in no better state than before. Most people already have compromised elimination channels, so they will need to help it happen. The best way of doing this is to get some regular colon cleansing through professional colonics or home enemas. Professional Colonics are better as they will get more waste out.
A great place to get a Colonic is at the Hering Clinic:
They are so lovely and I know many people who go that highly recommend them. They also have a package offer at the moment which is great value.
So with adding all of these tips to your routine I am certain you will see a reduction in your Cellulite and leaving you with a smooth behind and thighs. It should also disappear for good once you remove all the toxins leaving you with clean healthy happy cells!
- If you are interested in one-on-one Nutrition & Lifestyle Coaching, please click here.
- For more healthy living top tips and delicious recipes visit me on Facebook , follow me on twitter, subscribe to my YouTube channel and follow me on Pinterest.
- Or if you are interested in getting started on your own Health Goals and Weight loss journey with a one-on-one consultation contact me at juice email@example.com