Since following the Holistic path I have changed my morning routine many times, and I have come to realise over the years that the way I start my morning affects the rest of my day, not only with how much energy I have through out the day but also my mood and my productivity.
The higher my energy is, the better I feel, the happier I am, the calmer I am, the better decisions I make, the nicer I am to others and the greater day I manifest for myself.
I have experimented with many different routines and I have become very attached to this one particular routine as it makes me feel at my best and really gets my energy flowing in the morning. My days have just got better and better since consistently doing this.
First thing is I drink a pint of filtered water as soon as I wake up. Most of us are dehydrated and don’t know what it feels like to have a hydrated body! Did you know you should never let yourself get to the “feeling thirsty stage” as this is already a sign of dehydration. My energy levels have increased amazingly by making sure I am always hydrated.
Dry body brushing. Before my shower on dry skin, I brush my body with a hard bristle brush, brushing from the feet to the neck in long strokes. This is great at getting your circulation going and feels very revitalising, it makes your skin tingle like after a cold shower. It also assists the lymph system of cleansing itself from toxins that collect in the lymph glands, and as the skin is the largest organ in the body and is responsible for 1/4 of the body’s detoxification each day, also making it one of the most important elimination organs, It’s very beneficial to give it a helping hand, and here are some of the benefits:
Tightens skin, helps digestion, removes cellulite, stimulates circulation, increases cell renewal, cleans lymphatic system, removes dead skin layers, strengthens immune system and stimulates the glands helping all of the body systems to perform at peak efficiency.
I do not need to use moisturizer anymore, my skin is soft and smooth by doing this every day. Here is a links to take a look at for more information:
Exercise. I do a 30-40 minute Yoga session, or go for a run. This gets your whole body moving and feeling alive. Exercise decreases the stress hormones such as cortisol and increases endorphins. Endorphins are the body’s natural feel good chemicals, and when they are released through exercise, your mood is boosted naturally. As well endorphins, exercise also releases adrenaline, serotonin, and dopamine. These chemicals work together to make you feel good. Exercise really gets you life force energy moving and ready to tackle your day ahead.
Green Juice. I LOVE my green juice as most people know, and I really wish everyone would start their day with one. They would be amazed at the difference in their energy and health i promise. Especially the benefits to your skin. It’s better than any anti ageing cream or facial.
There are at least five primary benefits that I experience from drinking large amounts of freshly juiced greens:
- MINERALS. Dark leafy greens are a rich source of minerals. Lack of mineralization is a primary cause of disease.
- ALKALINITY. Greens are highly alkaline. Acidity is a primary cause of disease.
- LIVE ENZYMES. As I drink the juice, I can literally feel the life force flooding my body. It’s a natural high!
- PROTEIN. Dark leafy greens contain all nine linked amino acids required for building protein.
- HYDRATION. The water in the plants has been purified by the best system in the world — nature. When accompanied by minerals, the body assimilates and holds water more effectively than when it ingests straight water. Much of the water we regularly drink passes through us, washing out nutrients as it goes.
- If you are interested in one-on-one Nutrition & Lifestyle Coaching, please click here.
- For more healthy living top tips and delicious recipes visit me on Facebook , follow me on twitter, subscribe to my YouTube channel and follow me on Pinterest.
- Or if you are interested in getting started on your own Health Goals and Weight loss journey with a one-on-one consultation contact me at juice email@example.com